Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card charges an annual fee — it’s waived the first year — but you can easily make up for it if you spend a lot on groceries, at drug stores and on recurring bill payments. For the first three months, you’ll get bonus rewards on all your purchases.
You’ll get your cash-back rewards annually, either as a deposit into an eligible Scotiabank Canadian Dollar personal chequing or savings bank account, or as a statement credit.
The rewards aren’t the most impressive thing about the card, though. As a Visa Infinite cardholder, you’ll get:
- VIP access to premier events with some of the world’s top musicians
- Opportunities to dine with some of the biggest names in the food and wine industry
- Complimentary tastings, tours and discounts at over 60 wineries in British Columbia and Ontario
- An automatic room upgrade and free Wi-Fi when you book a hotel
- Extensive travel and flight insurance coverages
- 24/7 concierge service
One big drawback to the card is that it requires excellent credit to get approved.
- Cash Back Rate: Earn 5% cash back on everyday purchases in the first three months, plus your first year annual fee is waived.
- Great Added Benefit: 4% Cash Back on groceries, 2% Cash Back on drug stores and recurring bill payments, 1% Cash Back on everything else.