Fairstone Personal Loans: 2018 Review
Overview of Fairstone personal loans
Fairstone is a responsible and transparent Canadian lender, offering unsecured and secured personal loans from $500-$30,000. With nearly 100 years of lending experience, they offer personalized local service to Canadians in over 230 branches coast to coast.APPLY NOW
- Secured and unsecured loan options
- Free loan quote
- Quick online loan application
- Personalized service
- No pre-payment penalties on unsecured loans
- Fixed rates and terms
- 230+ branches across Canada, so there’s likely one near you
Fairstone’s personal loans can help with:
Unexpected expenses like car or auto repairs, or other emergencies
Larger, planned expenses like a home renovation
How does the application work?
Interested in a loan from Fairstone? You can get a free loan quote telling you how much money you could qualify for and what your payments might be. No-obligation, no impact to your credit score. The entire process only takes a few minutes!
Here’s how it works:
- Visit Fairstone.ca, select “Get a Quote,” and choose how much money you’re looking to borrow.
- Enter a few personal details so they can find the right loan for you.
- Receive an instant response – if you’re happy with your quote, a Lending Specialist will be in touch to finalize your application.
- Visit your local branch and receive your money – once approved, you could receive your money the same day you apply.
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Be a citizen or resident of Canada (excluding Nunavut)
- Have reached the age of majority in your province or territory (Usually 18 years of age)
- Have an established credit history
- Able to make monthly repayments on your loan
- Intend to use the loan for personal purposes
- Have been discharged from bankruptcy for 7+ years (if applicable)
You’ll need to bring the following documents to your local Fairstone branch in order to finalize your loan application:
- Valid personal identification such as a passport, birth certificate or valid Canadian driver’s license
- Proof of income such as a pay stub, CPP statement or T4/T4a
- Housing verification such as rental receipts, lease agreement or a monthly or annual mortgage statement
Interest rates start at 19.99% (for secured loans) and go up to 39.99% (for unsecured loans).
Loan terms range from 6-120 months.